Often some of our bloggers and publishers have their websites hosted on platforms such as Wordpress, WIX, etc., which gives them a lot of flexibility and efficiency, including when it comes to adding external code snippets to achieve the desired functionality on their site.
In this article we will focus specifically on Wordpress, but the process is very similar for all such platforms.
Below are steps you could take to copy paste the meta tag to your Wordpress site to verify its ownership:
- Go to your Wordpress site's admin page
- Go to Plugins and add the Meta Tag Manager plugin
- After adding the plugin, go to Pages -> Home page and click Edit
4. On PUBLC, copy the HTML meta tag provided to you during the Publisher verification process and paste it into Wordpress.
<meta name="publc-verification" content="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX">
5. Click Update in Wordpress admin
6. Click Check Status in Ownership verification in PUBLC.